Thursday, August 4, 2011


Ty made me this AWESOME headboard just in time for me to move into my apartment! He can seriously build anything...!

First we took an old wooden headboard, it was plain, basic, and boring...not much too it. Then we took my old egg crate foam mattress topper that I had used on my dorm bed (we had to go to the store and buy another to create more cushion) and spray glued them onto the headboard. Next we took some purple suedette fabric, as the fabric store liked to call it, and staple-gunned it to the back of the headboard! The hardest part was creating that tufted look. All we did was nail down the tufts with nails that had slight rivets, and used washers to hold the nail in place. The final touch was the fabric-covered buttons, and viola! My new headboard!

We will be working on some more apartment projects this weekend, stay tuned!

P.S. This room is my sister's, we just painted it so it's kind of the "random stuff" room for right now while she redecorates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...